Saturday, April 17, 2010

Getting bored is a luxury!

Here I am...one week after my third year woof engineering has ended, in the lap of luxury, surrounded by all the worldly pleasures..a new iPad, a new mobile phone, a gaming system, driving around in a car, learning Vedic maths..and suddenly, there is this moment in the day when I just have to exclaim that I am getting bored.


The moment the thought or the words reach my mouth, I shake it off..throwing out that very sensation out of my system as it reminds me of the time I have wasted because of this one word..the word called bore/boring. The word reminds me of all the things I could have done in the years gone by if I would have just gotten rid of the laziness and do all the things which were possible then and aren't possible now.

For instance,
If I had not been so 'bored' when I was young, maybe the time spent with friends would be much more than the time spent on computer games with no outcome. I would have learnt a new language, learnt a new art, honed my cricket skills, learnt how to play a guitar..

Luckily or unluckily, I have realized now that even being bored is a luxury I can no longer afford and the day I will consider myself worthy of wasting time on the pretext of being bored will be the day when I have acheived something substantial in my life.

For the time being, I am learning Vedic mathematics, making new friends, investing in relationships, learning German and being an obedient disciple to my grandmother in her out of the world cooking sessions, whilst she teaches me how to cook all the things I love..

Miles to go before I sleep,
Miles to go before I sleep

12 comments:

- Sugar Cube - said...

OMG! You got an Ipad ???! Congrats!
New cell phone too ? Which ??
(I envy you !! :D ) Gaming system ? Ye kaunsa ? :P
And OMG ..you are learning German ??? Wow..cool :) I wanna resume learning French :(

I've tried innumerable times to learn verdict maths..its interesting when I begin..and then dunno why I always put it off.The laziness!

I second your thoughts with being 'bore'. Such a waste of time :|

'I have realized now that even being bored is a luxury I can no longer afford and the day I will consider myself worthy of wasting time on the pretext of being bored will be the day when I have acheived something substantial in my life.'
:):) I like this

- Sugar Cube - said...

Vedic***
lol @ verdict

Firebolt said...

Thanks Sugar :D

Well, technically the iPad is not MINE.. but yes, I have one now..hehehehee.. New cell phone as in it's only a couple of months old..

:D

The main point I was trying to drill on is that there are sooooo many things to do and yet we are BORED (??)

=P

- Sugar Cube - said...

lol

we are just LAZY , that's it :P

Firebolt said...

REALLY!

Nothing can be more apt!

vision91 said...

We need to learn "optimising time" at the very instance we think of getting bored.

I am exactly a month away from my exam which I have barely started revising. Yet I crib of being bored..

Danke Shon for the post! :D

Rià said...

I can so identify with this post!!and its jus so true.

Firebolt said...

@ Vision :

All the best for your exams.. do well!

@ Ria

Thanks :)

Vandana said...

iPad?! Wow. Soo jealous right now.

My exams are over...it's just that we have one month of the new academic year before the summer holidays. I know, it's weird. But what to do.
:P

Buuut. I can play the guitar (albeit not very well) :P

Thanks for the comment!
And don't worry. Savour the boredom whilst it lasts...you might just miss the feeling when its gone!
;)

Sorcerer said...

Vodka is a luxury we have.
Caviar is a luxury we have.
Boredom is not

Nice to know that you are learning Vedic Mathematics..

Rock on!!

Firebolt said...

@ Vandana :

There is so much boredom around me right now that I could OD on it! HAHAHHAAA I'd really love to miss it =P If you get what I mean to say...

@ Sorcerer :
Thanks :D

Anonymous said...

truly said firebolt....

v hav wasted soo much of our precious time getnng bored and thn doing sme stupid thngs to get away frm it...

wished v had given a thought on ths like 3-4 yrs backk...v wud b in sme bettr place...laziness killed us...

but no regrets nww...its time v prove it again....

keep movinggg!!!!
Love yaaa!!!

:D